Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Middle Child

I always wanted a middle child. I wanted at least 4 children for as long as I can remember. My husband only ever wanted 2. I now have 3 children. Number 3 was a total miracle that I believe with some help from my father in law had a hand in (I'll save that tear jearker for another post). My middle is my daughter, the one I always wanted. I knew from the beginning of time that I needed a daughter b/c let's face it, a daughter will take care of you in your old age. Plus I wanted a built in best friend. I wanted a middle child because several of my closest friends are middle children and they are the responsible ones, maybe they over compensated to get attention I don't care, I just knew I wanted one. My prayers were answered and when she was born, she was so easy, I just had a feeling she was going to be my middle child.
My angel. My middle child.

Perfect. Sweet. My dream child. Everything I wanted, a sweet little girl.
This child is very girlie...most of the time

 
This is the same little girl. (taken with iphone)
You may think I left her alone for 10 minutes to get in this trouble (like my mother assumed), if you have a 17 month old, you know you can't leave them alone for 2 minutes!! My precious daughter loves dirt. She has dug up a patch of sod to get to the dirt.  My baby was about 1 month when this was taken so we put a little plastic pool in the back yard for her to play in, instead of taking 30 minutes to load everyone up and go to the pool and this is what she did. She had so much fun making mud I didn't have the heart to stop it. This is a list of her favorite things:
  • Mud
  • Toilet water
  • Eat Markers
  • Poo in the tub
  • Poo in her crib
  • Rip her diaper off several times a day
  • Barney
  • Food, food, food
  • Poke new baby in the eye and sit on him
  • Torture big brother
God bless her. I love this little girl, my life would be too easy without her.

Now back to the main reason for my blog: STATIONERY! My girl friend and I were discussing  proper etiquette in sending thank you notes and when you should send them and enclosure cards. I think we have become so lazy we forget how nice it is to receive a note after an event or dinner you host and the simplicity of an enclosure card.
Here is one of my favorite flat note cards:

Donovan Design and is available at my website.


Lilly Enclosure card...also available on my website!

Happy Wednesday to all!