Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dinner for New Mom

Hi! I hope you all (all 2 of my readers, including my sister) had a great weekend. I was just talking to my bestie about what to cook for a new mom or a repeat new mom, I had my 3rd child in March and I was fortunate to have several girl friends drop off dinner for me and my family. If you haven't done this for a new mom, you must do it immediately! It's the best give you can give her and remember, just drop off the food and RUN. Don't plan on hanging out unless your friend invites you to do so. I also recommend using a website to organize it and start the dinners the second week they're home. In my experience the first week is a whirl wind and the husbands are usually home and you have more help, the following weeks is when dinner is needed and very much appreciated. My friend set up my dinners through a web host and then sent an email blast out and people signed up what and when they were bringing and everyone could view it so we didn't have duplicates. GENIUS. I was also able to list any food restrictions. I digress, my point is, one of my favorite meals was tacos. It's easy and everyone in my family will eat tacos. My girlfriend gave us everything we needed for tacos: ground beef, a bag of shredded cheese, side of black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, Mexican rice, fresh salsa and a bag of tortilla chips. Oh, and she brought guacamole! Don't forget the six pack of Corona's plus limes!! She also made the best dessert, some brownie concoction with Reese's cups!! DELISH


You can top off your gift by bringing the baby some stationery. Here are a couple of my favorites from Paper Menu: