Saturday, September 18, 2010

One Child

Oh the things you can get done when you only have one child for 3 hours.  After drop off Wednesday, I walked 5 miles with Sam, washed, dried, folded and put away an entire load of laundry, chopped veggies and marinated meat for dinner and put away old clothes and hit the attic for some baby toys for Sam. It was heaven, I felt like I could take on the world. It was a great day! Who said one child was hard??? 


Then Thursday happened. I may have mentioned in an earlier post that Clara has an issue with diapers. She just can't seem to keep them on. I'm sure she's ready for potty training but I'm not ready to tackle that obstacle right now. I'm going to wait until she's 2. Only 2 glorious months left!! I usually put Clara down after she's had at least one dirty diaper, I thought we were ready for naps Thursday b/c she had already had 2 messy ones and I figured she was done and we were safe. I put her down and did not put her in her usual outfit of pajamas zipped up the back so she cannot pull her diaper off. My BIG mistake. I checked on her about 30 minutes after I put her down and found a horror so disgusting I cringe just thinking about it. Not only did she take off her diaper to do the dirty but she decided to finger paint the walls, crib and her Pat The Bunny Book. The smell alone made me want to heave. I was so angry with her that I had to remind myself she is a child of God and she is the girl I always wanted. As I was cleaning up the mess I told her (mommy of the year moment) she was a "bad girl and girls are not disgusting like this", Vincent, the awesome big brother, came in and kept saying "No Clara, you are not a bad girl, you are a good girl, a very good girl, mommy is just mad." You think this may have deterred me because it was so sweet but no, I was so mad after I cleaned up the mess, I put her back down on to sleep on a bare mattress. 


One hour later I felt so guilty woke her up from her nap to hold her and while I was rocking her she pointed back to her crib and said "night, night". I asked her if she wanted to go back to her comfy bare mattress and she said yes. As messy as she is, she really is a lovable little thing. I don't know what I would do without her.